09 July 2020

Cloud Poetry

Once upon a time, I crafted a modest composition of poems as designated for the current unit during my sophomore year English class. The objective was to illustrate, via means of our own creativity, a series of poem formats pertaining to any theme we imagined. I honestly remember thinking at the time about doing my little project about animal liberation and the nasty horrors that unfortunately continue today regarding animal atrocities from slaughterhouses to fashion, and the whole works. While I'm sure I could have pulled it off, I took a different route, with my head among the clouds.

Years ago, I was really passionate about capturing the beauty of clouds, and consequently made a dedicated cloud photography blog. While that particular blog has taken a rest for quite some time, I continue to find grand value in admiring the endless compositions of cloud formations--very well in the moment.

In efforts to reduce clutter, and to share my past works, I've decided to openly share the project I did. Thankfully I had the habit of preserving all coursework electronically since my years in middle school, so I was able to find the Word document with the project content. For the sake of readability and better formatting, I reduce some font sizes while at the cost of retaining the otherwise ridiculous fonts of Kristen ITC and Juice ITC, because for some reason I thought those looked neat for this project... The rest of the document has been left unaltered, other than correcting the page numbering to better reflect where poems 1-15 are found, and an automated table of contents instead of a shaky makeshift version. If anyone's curious, the cover page title font is in the "Avril Lavigne" font used quite a time ago. I don't remember what promotion or medium it was used for, other than it was her font... Of course, that was during a time I was really drawn to custom fonts and explored font data bases. Although I can't find that font file on my computer anymore, here's a DropBox link to the Abbey Dawn type face. =)

I remember when we presented these during class, each of us went to the front of the room and sat on a stool to read just a select few of our literary works. After sharing "The Jagged Cloud" and turning around the book to present the photo, everyone was stunned at such a dazzling photo! I even had a peer try to dispute I didn't take the photo. Yes, Bailey: I did indeed take that photo, and all of the others featured as well. I used a Kodak C743, if you want specifics.


No comments:

Post a Comment