01 February 2026

2025 National Drive Electric Week LEAFlet

Seven years ago today, I paid off Little Leaf's auto loan. I've always thought it was an incredible feat to satisfy a five-year auto loan in just a bit more than 500 days. Here's to that memory.

My local Drive Electric Week event in 2025 was once again in Iowa City. I designed my LEAFlets (can't do that with a Tesla, ha ha) with a deep blue background accompanied by white text. I thought it looked spectacular on the screen in Word. Once it was printed, the blue was darker than I anticipated. In some lighting it looked more of a blue-purple than a navy. I had the deliverables printed at Staples on their "Heavy Gloss Cover" (110lb; heavyweight, slight gloss finish). Originally I was going to trim them down to the black boarder, but then I decided to leave about 0.25" of margin around the perimeter. I appreciate the spontaneous idea because I believe the white perimeter a substantial update in presentation. I then used my Sun-Star Kadomaru Pro 3-Way Corner Cutter to further polish the paper with 8mm roundness. Exceptional! I've grayed out the background in the below PDF to replicate what it looked like in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment